Sarika Bhattacharyya is the Co-Founder of Biz divas, an organization aimed at making entrepreneurship and professional mentoring accessible to any woman with a project, dream or aspiration to be successful.
She was selected for the Fortune/U.S. State Department Global Women’s Mentoring Partnership by US Govt which connects talented, emerging women leaders from all over the world, with members of Fortune’s Most Powerful Women Leaders for a month-long internship program in USA.
Sarika has over 12 years of experience in Financial Services industry having worked with firms such as ICICI Bank and Merrill Lynch in the field of investment banking and wealth management. She has successfully established the business of Altavis Pvt Ltd, which is a leading HR Consulting firm.
She lives in Gurgaon with her husband and 5 year old son and leads the chapter in Delhi NCR.
In this podcast we explore:
- Her journey from the depths of the corporate world (ICICI, Merill Lynch) to setting up this organization.
- Her advice for women wanting to leave the security of the corporate world and launching their own ventures.
- What comes in the way of women being successful at entrepreneurship.
- Sarika’s secret to work life balance.
Stop treating your business as a secret hobby ! If you don’t treat your business seriously, no one else will.
3 things to do right here, right now:
- Have clarity on the business proposition. Create a vision map and do some mind mapping.
- Be realistic about the challenges that will come up on the journey.
- Sleep over your idea for 90 days, if you still wake up feeling passionate about it, then you are onto something.